UniVirtual > Events
Read about and watch webcasts of previous events.
- What's up Europe? EU at a crossroad (February, March, April 2012)
What’s up Europe is a series (5 events) about the EU in connection with the Danish EU Presidency 2012. Topics include among others the internal market, security, welfare and crisis.
- Paul Auster appointed as honorary alumni (13 May 2011)
The established american author Paul Auster was appointed as honorary alumni at the University of Copenhagen.
- Climate Lecture with IPCC chairman (15 December 2009)
IPCC Chairman, Dr. Rajendra K. Pachauri gave a Climate Lecture at the University of Copenhagen in relation to the UN Climate Change Conference.
- Fall of the Berlin Wall 1989 (9 October 2009)
Former President of the Federal Republic of Germany Dr. Richard von Weizsäcker and former Danish Foreign Minister Uffe Ellemann-Jensen in conversation about Europe.
- Ban Ki-moon visit the university (3 October 2009)
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon talked about "the road to Copenhagen" and how the world deals with issues of climate change.
- 5 European Foreign Ministers at the university (10 September 2009)
The 5 Foreign Ministers gathered to debate the prospects of an ambitious international agreement on climate change in December 2009 in Copenhagen.
- Debate with British Foreign Secretary David Miliband (19 March 2008)
- Debate with Yale President Richard Levin (21 January 2008)
British Foreign Secretary David Miliband visited the University of Copenhagen to debate Europe and the EU's future challenges.
Yale president Richard Levin talked about sustainability on campus in the University's Ceremonial Hall.
Webcasts of events held in Danish can be viewed on the Danish UniVirtual website